Dermatomiositis is marked by inflammation of muscle weakness and skin rashes special. The disease can strike children and adults. In adults, arranged by muscle movement.
Dermatomiositis generally marked by the emergence of symptoms such as:
1. Appear purplish or red rash that is often found in the blackness of the face, eyelids, knees, elbows, fingers books, districts around the nails, buttocks, and chest. Rash all over with a bluish purple stripes dermatomiositis an early sign.
2. Progressive muscle weakness that attack the muscles close to the center of the body such as the neck, shoulders, upper arms, hips, and thighs. These vulnerabilities affect the left and right sides of the body, and tend to deteriorate over time.The signs and symptoms that may occur Dermatomiositis:
1. Muscle aches
2. Difficulty swallowing
3. Fever, fatigue, and weight loss
4. Disruption in the lungs
5. In children often occurs ulcer and intestinal ulcers
6. hardening of calcium deposition in the skin, especially in children.
Not yet identified the cause of the dermatomiositis unknown, but the disease has many similarities with disorders of the immune system that attack normal body components.
Normally, the body kekeblan system works to protect healthy cells from viral attack tau bacteria. However, in this case the immune system began to produce autoimmune antibodies that attack the body's own tissue.
Small blood vessels in the muscle tissue was the most easily influenced by dermatomiositis. Inflamed cells around the blood vessels and eventually cause muscle fiber damage.
There is no cure for dermatomiositis, but the disease can be treated in order to improve the function of the skin and muscle strength. Physician will provide treatment based on the symptoms and effects of the disease on therapy given.
The first step is the provision of drug treatment dermatomiositis corticosteroids. Prednisone is a drug that is often used to overcome dermatomiositis.
Corticosteroids are the types of drugs that can suppress the immune system, reduce muscle inflammation, limiting the production of antibodies, as well as improving muscle strength and function. Doctor may also prescribe corticosteroids to skin oles.
Possibility doctor will prescribe corticosteroids high and lower when symptoms and signs improved. This disease recovery usually takes about two to four weeks, but patients can still consume medication for several months.
Long-term corticosteroid use can pose serious side effects. That is the reason why doctors reduce drug dosage to a lower level in stages. Veterinarians may recommend calcium and vitamin D supplements to reduce the side effects.