Jul 17, 2011
10 First Disease In Infants
Being new parents certainly happy. However, happiness sometimes turns into panic when the baby suddenly ill. Well, it helps you recognize your baby's first 10 diseases, such as described Dr. Kusnandi Rusmil, Sp.A of Hasan Sadikin Hospital, Bandung following. 1. COUGH-COLD Colds in infants could be due to many factors. "Most of the viruses cause, which kind there are hundreds of them. Usually heal itself, really. Symptoms, runny nose, sometimes blocked, followed by cough and fever. "
In addition to viruses, colds can also be due to bacteria. Usually accompanied by heat and is more severe symptoms, namely a red throat. Should be given antibiotics. If it continues, could result in complications of middle ear inflammation. "However, ear pain does not always occur in cough and cold."
If fluid or mucus a lot out of the baby's nose and make breathing is blocked, give the nose drops or nasal fluid suction with specialized tools. "Importantly, the cause is treated first. Because the virus has no cure, the body's defense was that the baby should be raised. "
Typically, the common cold in babies occurs about five days. If the baby's body heat does not go down and down until 2-3 days, immediately take it to the doctor. "Parents need not worry if the baby is cold. If accompanied by heat, give cold medicine. Do not forget, give good nutrition, especially those containing vitamins and minerals, such as fruit or juice, drink plenty of fluids, especially milk. "
2. EAR INFECTION Ear infections can be caused by common cold viruses that constantly, so the virus into the ear canal. "It could also be due to the ears take in water containing bacteria, resulting in inflammation of the middle ear canal."
Symptoms, pain in the ear and the heat does not go down-down for 2-3 days. "It should be immediately taken to the doctor. If not treated immediately, an eardrum may be inflamed and rupture. "
If untreated, long ear inflammation will be more severe and can cause pus. "If the pus breaks, the liquid will come out of the ear with an unpleasant smell. Long-term effect, the auditory system is damaged. "
3. DIARRHEA Like colds, diarrhea in infants could also be due to various factors, from food contaminated with the bacteria or virus, food poisoning, until the milk allergy. Diarrhea in infants can generally be seen from the amount of fluid that comes out through the bowel (BAB) is more than fluid intake. Frequency of bowel was more than three times a day. So, it should be given plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration.
Prevention, give the baby drinks, such as oral rehydration salts, ion-containing beverages, or drinks that contain probiotics, like yogurt to help balance the bacteria in the stomach. "Babies are allowed six months, really, given a drink containing ions or probiotics."
Kusnandi also asserted, the most potent drugs for diarrhea are actually breastfed babies, because it contains anti-virus or bacteria that can prevent and reduce the duration of illnesses lodged in the baby's body.
Diarrhea accompanied by fever, continued Kusnandi, most often caused by viruses. "All the diseases due to viruses, there is no cure. Importantly, increase endurance and overcome the loss of body fluids with a lot to drink, especially milk. "
While diarrhea accompanied by vomiting, usually caused by stimulation into the digestive tract. "Stimulation can be all sorts, could by germs or chemical toxins. Again, the important thing is to drink a lot. Can also be given anti-vomiting medications by physicians, "said Kusnandi reminding parents to not give baby medicine compressor feces or stool. "If the feces incompressible, baseball germs die, instead gathered in the gut. Better germ removed first through bowel movements. Once the germs out, automatic diarrhea will stop by itself, "said Kusnandi warned.
4. PLUS COUGH Breath In infants who have the potential allergies or asthma, cough and cold too long can cause shortness of breath. "Colds are caused by germs that long to spread to the lungs. Can lead to symptoms of pneumonia, shortness of breath, "said Kusnandi.
If it has invaded the lungs, then it's into the serious stage and should really be treated. "The signs of shortness of breath can be seen physically, among others, the baby's breathing through his nose, so that the nostrils flaring, rapid breathing, every breath like someone pulled up to his chest concave."
Handling these serious symptoms should be more careful. If you need to be treated in hospital for the given oxygen. "If it is up to the serious stage, could no longer just a given treatment at home. Can be dangerous and should be helped doctors, "said Kusnandi.
5. THROAT ILL Sore throat in infants could be due to bacteria or virus that attacks the throat. "Signs of physical, red throat, which can be seen in the neck. Babies also looks like a pain, irritability, and usually difficult to swallow. "
If caused by a virus, a doctor may prescribe pain-reducing, vitamins, and it is recommended to be fed a lot, mainly fruit juices, vegetable nodes, and breast milk, so that his body strong again. But if the cause is bacteria, the doctor will give antibiotics. "Can be a syrup or powder. Powder is more economical and the dose can be more precise, because it is calculated per kilogram of body weight babies. Effectiveness, anyway, is the same with the syrup. "
6. Constipation Causes of constipation can be due less to eat fibrous foods. Therefore, babies should be given plenty of fruits, vegetables, and milk. "Give a pudding or jelly, fruits, and vegetables. For babies who can not eat, give as much milk as possible. Usually, babies are still breastfed rarely constipated, except those fed formula. Perhaps the milk less suitable. "
To overcome constipation, select a suitable milk. "While the doctor will usually prescribe for its launching CHAPTER." However, there is also a newborn who can not defecate. "His complaint, abdominal bloating and frequent vomiting. That's because the nerves of the intestine is less, so the motion was reduced peristaltiknya. This congenital disease, required surgery to remove the intestine that no nerves. Cases like this often occurs in newborns, "said Kusnandi.
7. URINARY TRACT INFECTION In addition to difficult bowel movement, urinary tract infections are also common in newborns. "Many occur in infants of women, because women's urinary tract is shorter than the urinary tract a baby boy, so the germs more easily enter the body. If the baby is accompanied heat without cold or earache, parents should always thought that this could have a urinary tract inflammation pain. "
Symptoms of urinary tract infections or urine heat only slightly, and the baby feels pain in the abdomen or pain during urination / urinary. "Sometimes, inflammation or urinary tract infections are asymptomatic as well. Discard the water was normal. Indeed, if symptoms do not appear, it is very dangerous because it can damage the kidneys. "Therefore, if the baby has a fever more than 38.5 0 C, immediately consult a doctor.
8. VOMITING Vomit or spit up due to stomach the newborn size is still very small. "The maximum capacity is still small. If too much is given milk, he will vomit the milk back. "
Therefore, for formula-fed infants, during feeding, the position of the bottle and the bottle must be fitted with a mouth so that air does not go into the baby's mouth. Air come in. This can cause the baby to vomit. As for infants fed breast milk, breastfeeding should correct position and fit. After feeding, hold the baby in a position such as standing up to burp. After that babies put to sleep on his side to the left.
9. ALLERGIES Many things can cause allergies in infants. "The most often allergic to cow's milk or formula. If the mother or her family have allergies talent, the baby was so easy to allergies. Most allergies result from eating eggs, seafood, and milk formula. "
To avoid this, breastfeeding mothers should avoid consumption of food allergens such as eggs, nuts, seafood, or food allergens. "Because this allergy can langusng brought through breast milk. Doctors usually give anti-allergic milk for infants who have allergies or allergy talent on formula milk. Milk allergy is easily available and has been sold, really. "
10. Diaper Rash After the waste water or pee, diapers should be changed immediately so as not to cause irritation or red-red on the baby's skin. If the baby's skin is irritated, bacteria will more easily fit into the baby's body. To prevent this, change diapers as often as possible and put the diapers that can absorb lots of water.
For cloth diapers, should be diligent, industrious washing diapers. "The technology is increasingly sophisticated, people are now creating a diaper that can absorb more water to make it more practical. However, it does not mean the baby should wear diapers all day-that's kept. The air must also be in and out, dong. Only, the excess can reduce the frequency of turnover pampers diapers, compared to cloth diapers. "
Treatment for diaper rash, baby skin if exposed to a wet diaper, can be treated with powder, talc, or ointment. "But the most important should be frequently changing nappies or diapers. That is, the baby's skin condition should remain in the dry state. "
BEWARE WHEN ... In addition to the above 10 diseases, there are some signs to watch out for the baby and rushed to the hospital, among others:
1. Convulsions If the baby is accompanied by heat cramps or without heat, should be immediately brought to the hospital to find out the cause of seizures. Each seizure, will result in brain damage, so the baby should not be a seizure. So, it is quickly overcome. If the baby seizures accompanied by fever, parents should always carry anti-drug and anti-seizure heat. Because these seizures are usually hurt like a relapse. Wherever the baby go, must always take anti-seizure medication to prevent seizures. Do not let the baby is often a seizure.
These seizure triggers all sorts, could be due process in the head or brain, or by rote. If in the brain or head, there may be an infection in the brain or a tumor in the brain, and bleeding in the brain. But that occur outside the brain, could be due to lack of sodium or salt and sugar, resulting in electrolyte disturbances. For example because of frequent diarrhea, or seizures because of the presence of electrolytes or salts that come out of the body.
2. Shortness of breath Do not let your babies breath, let alone to turn blue. It was a sign the baby is deprived of oxygen. Oxygen was mainly channeled into the brain and other organs. If your baby is shortness of breath, soon to be overcome, whether it is congested due to obstruction of the airways, or because of an infection in the lungs, must be addressed immediately and taken to the doctor.
3. Shock The signs, no palpable pulse, cold sweat appears, decreases awareness, and reduced the amount of body fluids. Causes of shock in infants vary as well. Could be due to loss of body fluids, such as dengue fever, which resulted in fluid from the blood through the blood vessels out into the network. It could also be due to diarrhea and lack of fluid, hemorrhage, cardiac abnormalities, or because another shock caused by pain doctors commonly call the neorogenik shock. Maintenance, should be immediately infused.
4. Unconscious This can occur because of altered consciousness. Any disturbance of consciousness in infants, the elderly should be cautious and should immediately take him to the doctor. The characteristics of a baby who was unconscious, can physically look like the first half-conscious, disruptive, high heat, or maybe just langusng unconscious. In the pinch too, will not feel pain and do not know what was happening around him.