Jul 17, 2011
WHAT CAUSES ANEMIA?
1. Most of anemia in Indonesia are caused by iron deficiency.
2. Iron is one of the nutrients that are components of hemoglobin or red blood cells. Therefore it is called "Nutrition Anemia Iron".
3. Iron Nutritional Anemia can occur because:a. The content of iron from the food consumed is not sufficient.- Foods rich in iron are: foods of animal origin (such as fish, meat, liver, chicken).- Food and oils (from plants) such as dark green vegetables, which although rich in iron, but few are well absorbed by the intestine.
b. Increased body's need for iron.- In its infancy as children and adolescents, the body's need for iron increases dramatically.- During pregnancy increased need for iron because iron is needed for fetal growth as well as to the needs of his own mother.- In people with chronic diseases such as tuberculosis.
c. Increased expenditure of iron from the body.Bleeding or blood loss can cause anemia. This occurs in patients with:
- Kecacingan (especially hookworm). Hookworm infections cause bleeding in the intestinal wall, although a bit but it happens constantly resulting in blood loss or iron.- Malaria Iron Nutrition in patients with anemia, anemia can aggravate the situation.- Loss of blood during menstruation means removing iron in the blood.
II. WHY WOMEN AND TEENS OFTEN SUFFER PRINCESS Anemia?
A. In general, Indonesian people consume more plant foods than animal, so there are many who suffer from anemia.
B. Women are more rarely eat animal foods and often do diit reduction eat because you want to slim.
C. Having periods every month, thus requiring iron two times more than men, therefore women tend to suffer from anemia compared with men.
III. SIGNS AND DUE TO ANEMIA
A. Signs of anemia:1. Lethargic, weak, tired, SICK, negligent (5L)2. Often complained of dizziness and eye dizzy3. Further symptoms are the eyelids, lips, tongue, Kult and palms become pale.
B. Anemia due to:1. Children:a. Lowering the learning ability and concentration.b. Inhibit physical growth and brain development of intelligence.c. Increase the risk of suffering from infectious diseases due to decreased immune system.
2. Women:a. Anemia will decrease the resistance of the body so easily hurt.b. Lowered work productivity.c. Lowered fitness.
3. Young women:a. Lowering the learning ability and concentration.b. Disrupt the growth so that height does not reach the optimum.c. Lowered physical abilities sportswomen.d. Lead to pallor.
4. Pregnant women:a. Causing bleeding before or during labor.b. Increase the risk of delivering babies with low birth weight or LBW (<2.5 kg).c. In severe anemia, it can even cause death of the mother and / or her baby.
IV. HOW TO PREVENT AND TREAT ANEMIA
A. Increasing Consumption of Foods.1. Eat foods that contain lots of iron from animal foods (meat, fish, chicken, liver, eggs) and plant foods (dark green vegetables, beans, tempeh).2. Eat vegetables and fruits that contain lots of vitamin C (katuk leaves, cassava leaves, spinach, guava, tomato, orange and pineapple) are very useful to enhance iron absorption in the intestine.
B. Adding iron entry into the body by drinking Tablets Add Blood (TTD).
C. Treating diseases that cause or aggravate anemia such as: kecacingan, malaria and tuberculosis.
V. TABLET ADDED BENEFIT OF BLOOD (TTD)
A. Do Tablets Add Blood?Tablets Add Blood is iron folate tablets each tablet contains 200 mg of ferrous sulfate or 60 mg elemental iron and 0.25 mg of folic acid.
B. Why Women and Young Women need to take tablets Add Blood?1. Women having periods that require iron to replace lost blood.2. Women experiencing pregnancy, lactation, so the need for very high iron needs to be prepared as early as possible since a teenager.3. Treating women and girls who suffer from anemia.4. Increase learning ability, work ability and quality of human resources and future generations.5. Improving the nutritional and health status of Young Women and Women.
C. How to Add Blood to drink tablet?1. Drink 1 (one) tablet Add Blood once a week and it is recommended to drink one tablet per day during menstruation.2. For pregnant women, take 1 (one) tablet Add Blood every day for at least 90 days gestation and 40 days after delivery.
D. What to watch on Tablet Add Blood?1. Drink Tablets Add Blood to the water, do not drink tea, milk or coffee because it can decrease the absorption of iron in the body so that their benefits reduced.2. It can sometimes happen mild symptoms that do not endanger such as stomach feels uneasy, nausea, constipation and black stools.3. To reduce symptoms sideline, TTD drink after dinner, before bed. It would be better if after taking the TTD accompanied eat fruits like banana, papaya, oranges, etc..4. TTD Keep in a dry place, protected from direct sunlight, keep out of reach of children, and once opened must be closed tightly. TTD has changed the color should not be drunk (the original color: red blood).5. Add Blood tablet does not cause high blood pressure or blood mostly.
E. Where to buy Tablet Add Blood?1. Add Blood tablet is limited so that the counter drugs can be purchased at pharmacies, Drug Stores, Cafes, Midwife Practice, Post Drug Village.2. It is advisable to use Add Blood generic tablet provided by the government at prices affordable by the community.3. Besides it can also be used Tablet Add Blood to the other trademarks that meet such content Add Blood generic tablets.
VI. ROLE OF TEACHERS AND COMMUNITY LEADERS
A. Does the teacher's role in overcoming anemia in adolescent girls?
1. Teachers as educators, are expected at every opportunity to directly provide the knowledge to their students, especially Young Women about the importance to prevent and treat anemia as early as possible.2. Nutrition and health education in junior high, senior high, junior secondary school, Pondok Pesantren Aliyah and can be integrated on the subjects: Biology, Science, PE (Physical Education and Health)3. UKS activities, and Saka Bhakti Husada PMR can be a suggestion for providing information about anemia.4. Teachers may enter into communication with the parents to pay attention anyway putrinu nutritional and health status.
B. Is the role of community leaders in tackling the nutritional anemias in Young Women and Women?
1. Community leaders such as Chairman of the Organization, Leadership Group, Kader and others outside the health officer was instrumental in providing counseling and motivation to the community, especially Young Women groups outside of school, informal women workers, mothers of the household in order to always maintain their health by preventing and treat anemia.2. Nutrition and health counseling outside of school can be implemented through the activities of Youth, Youth Mosque, Ta'lim Assembly, PKK and others.
Coordination between teachers and community leaders with health workers or community health center in order to always be improved to address the problem of nutritional anemia in Young Women and Women.