Dec 5, 2011
Twin pregnancy and the risk
Mother, having twins is unique, since even from the womb. Types of risk twin pregnancy was different from normal pregnancy. That's why early detection of fetal development using ultrasound is highly recommended. Here are some types of risk of multiple pregnancy, including:
One fetus "lost"
1. Perform routine ultrasound examination.
2. Check the content if there is a different feel to the fetal heartbeat or fetal movement.
3. Perform regular checkups to monitor the levels of fibrinogen.
4. Discuss with your obstetrician about the state of each fetus.
1. The risk of conjoined twin pregnancy, it is very difficult to be detected early, through regular routine inspection.
2. The risk of conjoined twins also can not be prevented.
3. Perform ultrasound examinations as recommended by your doctor. The results of ultrasound examination, is helping doctors to determine what kind of unification (attached) that occurs in both fetuses. From these results, the doctor can make a plan of separation if the effort can be made.
1. Perform routine prenatal.
2. Use your intuition to be sensitive to a disturbance in the fetus, such as a parasitic twin, ie, one fetus does not develop and change "function" to donors for the other fetus.
3. In between the two fetuses will occur between the blood transfusion syndrome twins (twin to twin transfusion syndrome), because their blood vessels are united with each other.
4. Be aware of the weight, when experiencing a decrease of approximately 500 grams.
5. Sensitive and careful examination of changes in body condition slightest. When the parasitic twin is known from the beginning, it can be anticipated during the pregnancy
1. Be aware of the existence of spots or blotches of blood.
2. Expand the rest, according to doctor's advice. Bleeding may occur due to abnormal placental location, or an early sign of miscarriage.
From: various sources